A. President – Creates the overall vision for the organizations officers and members to follow. Works along with Vice President in order to ensure vision and strategic goals correlate. Develops and monitors strategies to ensure long term success.
1. Serves as the chief executive officer for ISM.
2. Must plan, execute and manage ISM organizational strategy and membership action in conjunction with the Officer Board, to include administering operational policy measures and defining daily functional procedure.
3. Call and preside over all Officer Board and general meetings, to include the preparation of a formal meeting agenda for the Officer Board meetings.
4. Preside over ISM events and discussions in a fair and just manner.
5. Set a specific Officer Board meeting time every week that will not be changed without at least 24 hour notice.
6. Ensure all the vacancies of the Officer Board are filled in an expeditious manner
7. Attend and represent ISM at university meetings when invited.
8. Serve as mediator between the Faculty Advisor and ISM
9. Serve as main point of contact and arbitrator for issues and/or disputes regarding active members and Officers of the Officer Board.
10. Ensure information is distributed to the Officer Board in a timely and accurate fashion.
11. Ensure all organizational operations are conducted and executed with transparency.
12. Ensure Officers of the Officer Board remain accountable and stay on task, taking appropriate action to address problems caused by actions/inaction of Officer(s),
B. Vice President – Serves to facilitate timely and quality execution of our organization’s events through increased integration and communication of our leadership team including officers and committee members. Additionally, works in close coordination with the President to develop short term tactical initiatives that are vital to the continuous improvement of our organization’s value proposition to the members in the serving semester.
1. Must seek to establish and maintain relationships between ISM and other on campus student organizations.
2. Shall meet with Bauer advisors to acquire the number of students in each major and deliver to the Officer Board a report of the percent of SCM majors and minors in ISM.
3. Support individual Officers of the Officer Board with their tasked responsibilities in their absence or incapacity.
4. Assume President responsibilities in absence of the President
5. Support the President
C. Accounting Officer (Treasurer & Membership) – Uses historical data to project a budget and provides a financial analysis of organization activities. Continuously manages officer spend and encourages fiscal responsibility. Provides visibility and offers expertise to President and VP when they make financial decisions. Responsible for promoting and helping students and members sign up to become members of the Parent Chapter and Student Chapter of ISM.
1. Serve as the chief financial officer for ISM.
2. Must keep accurate and up to date records regarding the financial state of the organization, to include all monetary inflows and outflows related to operational and capital transactions.
3. Must analyze existing organizational financials at the start of each semester and then develop and track a semester budget plan, which is subject to President and Vice President approval. Modifications allowable only by approval of President.
4. Maintain accurate membership, financial, and attendance records for the organization in conjunction with Membership.
5. Be prepared to present an official financial report, at each Officer Board meeting, to include providing these reports within 48 hours upon a reasonable request by President or Vice President.
6. Provide reimbursement(s) to Officers for expense(s) directly attributable to ISM organizational function and/or operations within one week of receiving of satisfactory documentation, providing receipt(s) in kind to properly account for said remittance.
7. Administer and oversee all fundraising done by ISM to include coordinating the custody and reporting of any acquired funds to ensure proper accounting.
8. Initiate discussions as necessary with the Operations Officers to align cash flows with organizational operations requirements, including planning and funding of all ISM membership offerings.
9. Send out thank you letters to all sponsors.
10. Work with Bauer (Aracely) to accept all corporate donations
11. Responsible for creating invoices when accepting sponsorship for events
12. Serve as the ambassador to the members of ISM.
13. Provide weekly updates about the status of membership to the Officer Board.
14. Upkeep the Officer Board class schedule, and assign duties of speaking in class.
15. Assist all members in signing up with ISM and paying dues
D. Corporate Officer – Primarily in charge of the Career Mixers and obtaining new Corporate Sponsors for our Student Members. Works in conjunction with the Faculty Advisor to bring out industry professionals to the General Meetings.
1. Serve as the chief corporate Relations liaison for ISM
2. Must actively engage corporate partners, potential partners and any other outside organization contacting or seeking audience with ISM membership.
3. Responsible for overseeing the scheduling and coordination of all weekly employer presentations.
4. Responsible for contacting and communicating professionally with existing and new corporate partners, to include crafting exceptionally written correspondence, fully explaining ISM’s presentation and sponsorship options, offering available dates and times as appropriate, maintaining an open, sincere, timely and continuous dialog, confirming all commitments and following through.
5. Ensure that all outgoing e-mail correspondence is courtesy copied to President, to include double checks for grammatical and factual accuracy, as well as professionalism in tone and content.
6. Responsible for creating, updating, and distributing a master employer presentation schedule in coordination with Marketing Officer
7. Shall coordinate with the Operations Officer to ensure timely arrangements have been made for food, refreshments, and condiments at all organizational meetings and presentations, to include ensuring such arrangements fall within a reasonable cost.
8. Must coordinate directly with the VP of Finance and/or Operations Officer for approval of all transactions conducted in the course of corporate relations administration
9. Must contact corporate partners and reconfirm their attendance two weeks before the scheduled presentation date, to include discussing final food arrangements, their presentation requirements offering rescheduling options as needed.
10. Contact corporate partners again to reconfirm their attendance one week before the scheduled presentation date, to include requesting the names and titles of the individuals scheduled to attend, reconfirming final food arrangements, reconfirming their presentation requirements, offering rescheduling options as needed.
11. Be prepared to present at each Officer Board meeting the master presentation schedule and complete details of the current week’s corporate presentation, to include date and time, refreshment arrangements, total cost, number of presenters and names and titles of the individual presenter(s)
12. Send out “thank you” correspondence to employer presenters within one week after the presentation date, ensuring the letter is courtesy copied to all individual employer representatives who attended.
13. Actively promote ISM at the Bauer Career Fair by fostering new corporate relationships, greeting existing partners and generally seeking further opportunities for sponsorship, to include retrieving business cards and securing contact information where possible.
14. Contact all corporate leads from the Bauer Career Fair for which contact information was received within one week of the event, to include offering specific suggestions on how they might become involved in ISM and providing any information they might require from which to base such a decision.
15. Responsible for ensuring any proposal, blurb or informational news content produced by this office with the intent such content is to be posted on the ISM website, is to be delivered to President within 3 days prior to the desired publishing date
E+F. Operations Officers – Logistics and Procurement
1. Make timely set up and arrangements for food, refreshments, and condiments at all organizational meetings, workshops and presentations, to include ensuring such arrangements fall within the budget set forth by the Vice President of Accounting.
2. Initiate discussions as necessary with the Finance Officer to align cash flows with organizational operation requirements, including planning and funding of all ISM membership offerings.
3. Efficiently manage operations committee and divide tasks between the 2 officers as necessary
4. Set up all internal and external events
5. Must print, post and distribute all physical media and informational documentation relating to ISM organizational events and operations in a timely fashion, to include Rush Week, fundraising, and Bauer Career Fair events.
6. Responsible for ordering name tags, business cards, and t-shirts
7. Handles storage of all organization materials
G. Student Development Officer – Responsible for the members professional development and helping the plan out their academic career
1. Serve as the chief scholar for ISM.
2. Must plan, schedule and execute workshops for ISM membership based on coursework relevant to market trends, employer requests, and SCM curriculum.
3. Be prepared to present at each Officer Board meeting the master workshop schedule and complete details of the next workshop, to include date and time, location, refreshment arrangements and total cost.
H. Membership of Quality Officer – Works as an in house consultant with his own committee team to improve and amplify ISM. Responsible of collecting surveys from members to improve organizational activities. Assists officers implement new strategies and methods to accomplish set goals.
1. Must administer information flows between the ISM Officer Board, membership, and any other outside organization as required by the Officer Board.
2. Responsible for creating surveys to acquire member feedback.
3. Maintain and update the reward system (point system)
4. Handles member input and complaints, and communicates the information to the officer team
J. Alumni Relations Officer
1. Serve as chief liaison between ISM alumni and active members.
2. Responsible for generation and maintenance of alumni contact list.
3. Must organize, plan, and execute all alumni events for ISM, to include scheduling and resource coordination with Public Relations Officer.
4. Be prepared to present at each Officer Board meeting all alumni event details to include date and time, location, refreshment arrangements, and total cost.
5. Pursue sponsorship and fundraising opportunities via alumni channels.
6. Must coordinate directly with the VP of Finance for approval of all transactions conducted in the course of alumni relations.
7. Act as ambassador with the Houston Chapter Emerging Professional Group (EPG)
8. Responsible for planning and executing plant tours
K. Campus Activities Officer
1. Responsible for all room reservations regardless of event
2. Must create PowerPoint presentations for all General Meetings
3. File and maintain current food permit
4. Responsible for organizing and scheduling bake sales
5. Responsible for organizing and scheduling tailgates
L. Public Relations Officer – Responsible for locating appropriate locations in order to create exciting networking opportunities for our members outside of a school environment as well as organizing a night to celebrate our members and their efforts demonstrated throughout the semester (at banquet)
6. Serve as the chief community outreach administrator for ISM
7. Must organize, plan and execute at least one organizational social related activity per month, the socials after the professional meetings, to include scheduling and resource coordination with VP of Operations.
8. Must organize, plan, and execute a social event following each professional meeting
9. Must assist Member Relations and/or Alumni Relations Officer(s) in organizing, planning, and executing one organizational social related activity per month.
10. Be prepared to present at each Officer Board meeting all social event details to include date and time, location, refreshment arrangements and total cost.
11. Must coordinate directly with the VP of Accounting for approval of all transactions conducted in the course of social event administration.
12. Must organize, plan and execute three organizational community service events for ISM, Community service events should be in conjunction with one of ISM’s corporate partners.
13. Be prepared to present at each Officer Board meeting community service event details, to include date and time, location, refreshment arrangements and total cost.
14. Must coordinate directly with the VP of Finance and/or Operations Officer for approval of all transactions conducted in the course of community service event administration.
15. Document community services booked, including contact information, member turnout, and feedback.
16. Must gather a task force to aid with the research and handling of the end of semester banquet.
M. Marketing Officer – (Media + Technology)
1. Responsible for creating, updating, and distributing a master marketing campaign.
2. Must maintain all content on the ISM website, to include all coding and applications, client-side and server-side scripting, links, widgets, gadgets, graphics, text and any other content required for ISM organizational operations and required by the Officer Board.
3. Continually ensure that the Sponsor page on the website is up to date.
4. Responsible for updating weekly front page news blurbs by Saturday of each week, based on information contained in the master events schedule.
5. Ensure the ISM website is in accordance with current technology standards and develop plans for updates when needed.
6. Responsible for Rush Week, including ensuring all physical informational media and documentation needed are up to date and of sufficient quantity and quality.
7. Must prepare an end of semester video/end of semester scrapbook to be presented at the banquet.
8. Ensure that the information that Bauer has on record about ISM is up to date and representing our organization in the best possible light (Bauer organizations website information, PowerPoint on the Monitors under the AIM ticker, Any information to the public and alumni’s sent from Bauer.)
9. Responsible for designing name tags, business cards, and t-shirts
N. Administration Officer – (Secretary & Historian & Publishing)
1. Record minutes from all official ISM meetings and prepare a summary to distribute to the Officer Board and membership as necessary.
2. Maintain online photo gallery, to include photo coverage of all ISM events.
3. Update all social media with new content to ensure that members are aware about all ISM events.
4. Serve as Administrator for ISM Facebook page.
5. Responsible for designing and preparing the weekly ISM Newsletter
6. Must prepare a draft Newsletter and deliver it to the Vice President via email by Sunday evening for review, and then distribute it via listserv to general membership no later than the following Monday evening.
7. Keep President up to date on all recent events regarding the organization.
8. Update the ISM Bauer bulletin board with informational fliers and the current week’s marketing materials.
9. Create a calendar document for the President with the other major Bauer Orgs events on it to ensure ISM is not overlapping. (BAP, MISSO, ABSA, HBSA, FA, AS).
10. Create and/or update Excel document with Bauer staff’s contact information: name, email, phone, position, and responsibility. The purpose of this document is to help new officers.
11. Create and/or update Excel document with current Officer’s contact information: name, position, personal and professional email, and phone number.